Fife Health and Wellbeing Alliance (FHWA) has committed £230k per annum to support organisations to increase their focus on reducing health inequalities through its Partner Programme. The programme aim is to help organisations and services across Fife to increase their focus on health inequalities and support the implementation of Fairer Health for Fife - Fife’s health inequalities strategy 2015-20. Funding will be used to:
- encourage innovative ways of working based on existing evidence and new research around what is most likely to reduce health inequalities
- challenge and support organisations and services to work towards the 6 outcomes and report on progress.
FHWA envisage working with a small number of organisations or services where there is potential for embedding sustainable change to organisational practices and for strengthening preventative approaches (working on the determinants of health, not only mitigating the impact of inequalities on health).
FHWA is looking for partners from the public or third sectors in Fife who are interested in working to implement the health inequalities strategy, and work with us to:
- increase your understanding of how your work impacts on health inequalities
- improve how you work with communities to reduce health inequalities
- identify, develop and embed ways of working which are effective in reducing health inequalities
- measure and demonstrate how your work contributes to tackling health inequalities in Fife.
To find out more about the approach and the support available, please download the Guidance notes, below.